* Ensure the local tree is up-to-date, and all desired changes are checked-in:
cvs -nq up -d
* Modify lib/FAQ/OMatic.pm to contain a fresh release version number. Commit that change (so tags stick correctly).
* perl Makefile.PL, so that the Makefile is aware of your new version number.
* 'make dist' from top level. That should build the .tar.gz, and copy it to the htdocs site, and tag the configuration for the release in the CVS tree.
* Release the file on sourceforge. Log in, Admin, Edit/Release Files, [Add Release]...
* Update the version number to have a trailing 'd' (so that those using the CVS tree know they're using a non-released version), and commit that change.